Coffee, Plebs, and Cold Beet Soup

Somewhere after my morning cup of java, in the throng of pedestrian cares, I find the most unexpected things: a little cold beet soup, perhaps?

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Curator of "The Wumpus Organization"

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Dream - Train Wreck

Part I - The train wreck

I dreamt that I was driving my pickup in a pastoral valley. The sky overhead was foreboding: winds were picking up and lighting was getting ready to fly. The clouds were painted in dark grays and violets; a massive storm was afoot. I found myself racing in order to get ahead of a train riding the rails alongside the country road on which I sped. I found a turn and was relieved to be ahead of the train, feeling that I averted some disaster and the force that drove me to action was abated. I was wrong, because as I made a turn around the bend I found yet another train already wrecking. I feared the trains would collide. A helicopter like the ones used for the news or rescue was flying over the wreck. The storm picked up and some of the train or the winds caused the helicopter to crash. I pulled aside and searched the wreckage of the helicopter to find the pilot. I found him and was again relieved as the pilot of the helicopter could continue to monitor the train wreck and watch over accident as it unfolded. I then left the scene.

Part II - The house on the hill

I found myself on a ridge in the mountains or hills surrounding the valley. I approached an old mission-style house that might have once been a church or other meeting place. With the storm raging outside I entered the house on search for something. The inside of the house was nice: it contained rare antiques and other valuable items.

A woman was present in the house and came to meet me. I found myself distrusting her as she was somewhat old, refined, but also subtly dangerous, perhaps adulterous. She seemed to be one to trap visitors in a web of sorts. This day she was very concerned about saving an artifact of great value. This was the same object I was searching for. The caretaker also seemed anxious to save the artifact and she helped me find it. I am not sure what it was but it was very valuable - we found it in what appeared to be the entrance to a small bell tower. Even though the lady was in imminent danger from the storm she chose not to leave the house even though I could have helped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home