Coffee, Plebs, and Cold Beet Soup

Somewhere after my morning cup of java, in the throng of pedestrian cares, I find the most unexpected things: a little cold beet soup, perhaps?

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Curator of "The Wumpus Organization"

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Dream - Carrier and Mountains

Main Dream: the ship

I am on a large carrier-ship. The flight-deck is wide an I can see the control tower in the distance. I am on the edge of the flight deck where - yes - there are mountains. I am sitting next to a pool and am waiting until the next day, the first day summer. My goal was to be in the pool at high-noon during because if I was in the pool at high noon on the first day of summer I would find “eternal calmness” a great blessing.

I sat there and watched the planes fly overhead and I noticed a pilot drop a large bundle of packages or presents and they laid there on the flight deck. I hurried down out of the mountain and hid the packages behind an invisible wall so that they would be safe; it was still during night. The pilot parachuted down and was greatly concerned about the packages but I showed him that they were safe and I that I concealed them with the magic wall. (The pilot was bemused because I could do magic and was of a different race [1] than the people of the ship.) The queen of the carrier ship sent scouts to look for me so I had to leave the mountain and dress as a sailor and enter the ship’s mess to hide.

Later that night after the search party was gone I returned to the mountains and again climbed up near the pool. Later the next day, the first day of summer, the morning was approaching noon. I was up higher in the mountain and sat next to the pool which looked like a naturally cut baptismal or other ceremonial pool. A search party was nearing me and they knew I was near. This time, though, I was safely higher in the mountains and did not need to fear miss the noontime moment. The hour drew near.

Smaller Dream: the forces

Later I dreamt of the ships forces meeting the forces of my nature and they were close to war. The queen’s army could not understand the different nature of the magical people and strange turrets and strange artifacts of my race.

--
[1] I was a “pastamancer” for you KOL fans.

2 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

Psalms 37: 5-6

Open up before GOD, keep nothing back;
he'll do whatever needs to be done:
He'll validate your life in the clear light of day
and stamp you with approval at high noon.

11:57 PM  
Blogger bj said...

Hey b.

This is one amazing dream, I love it! It will give me much to think about...thanks for sharing.

bj

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home