Coffee, Plebs, and Cold Beet Soup

Somewhere after my morning cup of java, in the throng of pedestrian cares, I find the most unexpected things: a little cold beet soup, perhaps?

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Curator of "The Wumpus Organization"

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Dream - The Church

Part I - Converting the church.

I dreamt that I was with my wife, and our friends converting an old meeting or conference center in the hills in San Francisco. The building was adjacent to large grassy fields; to its side was a ledge making small cliff where some ten feet above was a white house and an small rock garden. The rocks jetted up, white, like giant, opaque, quartz rocks.

I was standing on a wooden stage - the stage was unfinished, maybe made out of plywood and other rough construction material. My wife, and our friends COB and HC were bringing in flooring for the sanctuary. They were carrying an extremely long roll of linoleum. I saw that the roll was sagging in the middle and that it was very flexible, too flexible. I told my friends that we couldn’t use the roll because it was the type used in cheap apartment complexes and rip at the slightest stress on the roll. I imagined chairs being pushed around and knew that the flooring would not suffice. We laid out the roll on the floor and it ran just short of the length of the room so I sat wondering where the seam might best lie but gave up and we began the work of rebuilding the floor.

Looking over I noticed that the three were now removing concrete pavers [1] and tossing them into wheel barrows and were taking apart the flooring. Again I looked and I saw my wife hoeing up sod that was underneath the pavers - the sod was green and I was surprised by that. I moved behind the wall that backed the stage and began to remove fixtures in order to prepare to dismantle the stage. I looked over and noticed that CB, our current pastor, was looking at me both confused and concern for the seeming destruction that I was driving.

Up to this point I was not sure what would replace the old flooring but at that moment I told him that we could poor concrete. It was stronger, we would texture it, and add colors to it. The new floor would be stronger and more beautiful than the old one.

Part II - The white house next to the church

A tall minister[2] was up at the white house and this is when I noticed the giant rocks next to the house. I am not sure what he was doing - maybe preaching or other ministry type of work. He was up there for a purpose but I found myself concerned because he was so close to the ledge that served to separate the white-house from the meeting building. As he walked around I situated myself below him and prepared to catch him if he fell off the ledge.

--
[1] - saw these on Craig’s List for free, dreams are fun that way.
[2] - the friend that GG and I visited during New Year

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home