Coffee, Plebs, and Cold Beet Soup

Somewhere after my morning cup of java, in the throng of pedestrian cares, I find the most unexpected things: a little cold beet soup, perhaps?

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Curator of "The Wumpus Organization"

Friday, April 07, 2006

Deus ibi est

I went to my second Taizé service this evening. It is an evening of contemplation and prayer. What a way to end the week!

My friend Can Opener Boy and my Wifey have already posted on this. But I sure did enjoy going to the service again. We sang, or chanted, or ... schangted? through the evening. At one point during the service I became washed in love while singing some of the songs.

Having grown up in the Vineyard church for ... well, since longer than I’ve been alive and since it’s inception so many years ago I can safely say that I have as powerful moments touching God in worship in this forum as back in my church. Then again, sometimes I think I am a Catholic stuck in an evangelical body which is then stuck in a charismatic body. Or, maybe the other way around. Maybe that’s what I get for growing up in a cosmopolitan ring of churches: vineyard, presbyterian (norwegian covenant brand), your typical “bible church”, oh yeah, the four-square, and community (methodist) church back in Avalon. Then, since meeting my wife I’ve grown a whole lot closer to the Catholic church I just love to visit mass now and again. Mutt - well, God loves me anyhow.

You might need to upgrade your real player like I did to hear the Ubi Caritas song, but wow, I still feel touched. If you look at the posts made my wife or COB you’ll see the cross that they lay down on the floor. Kneeling at the foot of the cross reminded me more of Jesus’ love and the price he paid for me.

Bless the Lord (MP3)         Words (sing along kids!)

Ubi Caritas (Real Player) Words (sing along kids!)

‘Night all.

/s/ B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home