Coffee, Plebs, and Cold Beet Soup

Somewhere after my morning cup of java, in the throng of pedestrian cares, I find the most unexpected things: a little cold beet soup, perhaps?

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Curator of "The Wumpus Organization"

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Alone

Written a few nights ago after our return trip from Oregon.


Tonight I sit alone
Dusk is approaching
There is the huffing of my dogs lying on the hardwood floors
My heart is feeling heavy, and I don’t know why

Hopelessness it might be, or fear of the unknown
I’ve followed dreams blind
Turned to visions based on my belief that circumstances confirmed by desire
But it was only desire
And heartache followed
I realized the foolishness of my path
When my heart would hear only what it wanted

Today I am again faced with a new possibility
And visions
But I am reminded
Of the time
When I was foolish
and trusted the visions
the dreams
instead of the dreamer.

Will I be foolish again?
Hope.


/s/ B. /

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home